Indian Contributions to World Progress
Proud to be indian…
“INDIAN CONTRIBUTION TO THE WORLD” Amazing Facts about India and Indians.Some of the valuable contributions of India to the world are listed below.
Indian Contributions to American and Global Progress
- Who is the creator of the Pentium chip? Vinod Dham is an inventor, entrepreneur and venture capitalist. He is popularly known as the Father of the Pentium chip, for his contribution to the development of highly successful Pentium processors from Intel. (90% of the today’s computers run on it)
- Who is the co-founder of Sun Microsystems? Vinod Khosla, Co-founder of Sun Microsystems.
- Who is the founder and creator of Hotmail? Sabeer Bhatia, co-founder of Hotmail, one of the first free e-mail services in the world, Chennai is special. Twenty-four years ago, he’d come to the city to get a student visa to the United States of America.
- Who is the GM of Hewlett Packard? Rajiv Gupta
WORLD HISTORY FACTS ABOUT INDIA.
- The decimal Hindu-Arabic numeral system was invented in India around AD 500.
- The place value system, the decimal system was developed in India in 100 BC.
- When many cultures were only nomadic forest dwellers over 5000 years ago, Indians established Harappan culture in Sindhu Valley (Indus Valley Civilization).
- Sushruta: the father of Indian surgery and ophthalmology. Sushruta, one of the earliest surgeons of the recorded history (600 B.C.)
- Chess originated from the two-player Indian war game, Chatarung, which dates back to 600 A.D.
- The earliest reservoir and dam for irrigation was built in Saurashtra(Gujarat). According to Saka King Rudradaman I of 150 BC a beautiful lake aptly called ‘Sudarshana talav’.
- Sanskrit is the mother of all the European Languages . Sanskrit is the most suitable language for computer software – a report in Forbes magzine July 1987.
- IEEE has proved what has been a century old suspicion in the world scientific community that the pioneer of wireless communication was Prof. Jagdish Bose and not Marconi.
- India is one of the few countries in the World, which gained independence without violence.
- India has the second largest pool of Scientists and Engineers in the World.
- Ayurveda is the earliest school of medicine known to mankind.
- The largest employer in the world is the Indian railway system, employing over a million people !
- The art of Navigation & Navigating was born in the river Sindh 6000 over years ago. The very word `Navigation` is derived from the Sanskrit word NAVGATIH.
- Algebra, trigonometry and calculus came from India. Quadratic equations were by Sridharacharya in the 11th Century; the largest numbers the Greeks and the Romans used were 106 whereas Indians used numbers as big as 1053.
- The value of PI was first calculated by Budhayana, and he explained the concept of what is known as the Pythagorean Theorem. He discovered this in the 6th century long before the European mathematicians.
- The world’s first university was established in Takshila in 700 BC.