High alert sounded across the border area after the terror attack Start at 5am in Gurdaspur in Punjab. Gunmen in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur Punjab.
PM (Prime Minister) Narendra Modi to meet top Cabinet Ministers at 10:30am : Gurdaspur, Punjab terror attack
Car is used by gunmen who attacked a police station in morning in Dina Nagar in Gurdaspur, Punjab.
PM Modi calls emergency meeting : Prime Minister Narendra Modi is meeting his ministers at 10:30am to take stock after a terror attack in Punjab.
Gurdaspur: In an attack in Punjab early on Monday morning, terrorists opened fire at Gurdaspur police station.
BJP MPs have said that all the information from the Gurdaspur attack be made available: Rajiv Pratap Rudy
Intelligence branches(IB) issued alerts to all districts in Punjab: Manoj Bhatt, DGP Rajasthan on Gurdaspur incident.
There is no report of hostage situation in Dinanagar PS (Gurudaspur) : Shri Kiren Rijiju @MOSHomeIndia
— HMO India (@HMOIndia) July 27, 2015
Spoke to Punjab Chief Minister Shri Prakash Singh Badal who apprised me of the developing situation in Gurudaspur.
— Rajnath Singh (@BJPRajnathSingh) July 27, 2015
We strongly condemn cowardly attack on innocent ppl in Punjab. We are with the people of Punjab and hope that culprits wud soon be nabbed
— Arvind Kejriwal (@ArvindKejriwal) July 27, 2015
Will be very interested to see what emerges about the identity of the terrorists involved in the Gurdaspur attack this morning 1/2
— Omar Abdullah (@abdullah_omar) July 27, 2015
Strongly condemn the terror attack in Gurdaspur.I hope the situation is brought under control at the earliest(1/2)
— Office of RG (@OfficeOfRG) July 27, 2015
List of terrorist incidents in Punjab (India)
- 29 Sep 1981 Separatists Hijack Indian Jetliner to Pakistan.
- 5 Oct 1985 Dhilwan.
- 6 Oct 1985 Sikh announce punjab is land of sikh and we will make it khalistan land.
- 8 Oct 1983 Punjab Police Are Given Broad Powers.
- 14 Oct 1983 A festival bombed in Chandigarh.
- 21 October 1983 Gobindgarh, Massacre of Hindu passengers by Sikh mlitants.
- 9 Feb 1984 Sikh militants kill two Sikh men belonging to a breakaway group.
- 23 Feb 1984 11 Hindus pulled off from trains and buses and killed by Sikh militants.
- 1 January 1984 to 3 June 1984 Various places in Punjab.
- 12 Sep 1984 Batala 8 bus passengers killed.
- Feb 86 Nakodar 15 persons killed and many injured in firing by State police.
- 6 Mar 1986, Kapurthala.
- 28 Mar 1986 Ludhiana
- 29 Mar 1986 Mallian, Jalandhar.
- 25 Jul 1986 Mukatsar.
- 31 Oct 1986 Ludhiana.
- 30 Nov 1986 Khudda.
- Jan 87 Congress Sikh MLA Sant Singh Liddar murdered.
- 8 May 1987 Sukhdev Singh, the son of the moderate Akali leader Jiwan Singh Umranangal murdered.
- 19 May 1987 Tarn Taran.
- Jul 87 Lalru 80 bus pessengers killed in Fatehabad.
- 3 July 1987 Gurnam Singh Uppal killed.
- 6 Aug 1987 Jagdev Kalan.
- 28 Sep 1987 Alawalpur.
- 20 Oct 1987 Delhi
- 15 Jan 1988 Dhadial Nijhran, village near Batala.
- 19 Feb 1988 Gurdaspur, Hoshiarpur and Patiala.
- 2 Mar 1988 Bhaian.
- 3 Mar 1988 Kahri sahri.
- 29 Mar 1988 Bhathe (Kartarpur)
- 31 Mar 1988 Rajbah.
- 2 Apr 1988 Ramgam.
- 15 May 1988 Samana.
- June 25, 1989 Moga.
- March 7, 1990 Abohar.
- 22 Nov 1990 Aliwal BATALA gsp.
- 15 June 1991 Ludhiana district.
- 6 Jan 1993 Chhhirewal (Gurdaspur).
- 27 july 2015 Gurdaspur Panjab.